Vision and Values
Our vision is:
- To have a positive influence in the wider community.
- To develop students who are seen as proficient in the international community of Aikido
- To be the Aikido club of choice in Auckland
Classes at Kyu Shin Do Aikido are conducted in a friendly yet traditional atmosphere. Students learn correct etiquette in conjunction with their training.
Our mission is to provide students of Kyu Shin Do Aikido Club with first class instruction in the Martial Art of Aikido by the following means:
- Promote the ideals and traditions of Aikido.
- Provide a safe environment for students.
- Teach a solid foundation of basic Aikido movement and techniques from which students continue to grow and learn.
- Develop discipline, self-confidence, self-control, self-reliance.
- Provide a formal and extensive syllabus.
- Ensure consistent standards for the promotion of students through a sound grading structure.
- Provide training opportunities to develop a healthy body, mind and natural reflexes.
- Enable students to protect themselves and others.
- Provide a non aggressive approach to conflict
which we embrace as integral to the genuine practice of Aikido are:
- To consistently display courtesy and good manners to others and lead through inspiration and example and to act with modesty.
- To accept personal responsibility for the highest ethical standards of behaviour including honesty and fairness in all we do.
- To demonstrate self control and good judgement in interactions with others and display considered responses to provocation
- To show commitment and effort in all undertakings
- To strive for perfection and in doing so continuously improve ourselves both in our aikido and in activities that are important to us in the wider community and to recognise that each of us is responsible for the quality of what we do.
- To promote an environment where collaboration, sharing and helpfulness are supported and encouraged.